Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

Othello Memorization

"Her father loved me, oft invited me, still questioned me the story of my life from year to year - the battles, sieges, fortunes that I have passed. I ran it through, even from my boyish days to th' very moment that he bade me tell it, wherein I spoke of most disastrous chances, of hairbreadth scapes i'th'imminent deadly breach, of being taken by the insolent foe and sold to slavery, of my redemtion thence, and 'portance in my travels history, of antres vast and deserts idle, rough quarries, rocks, and hills whose heads touch heaven, it was my hint to speak - such was the process - and of the cannibals that each other eat, the Anthropophagi, and the men whose heads do grow beneath their shoulders. These things to hear would Desdemona seriously incline: but still the house affairs would draw her thence, which, ever as she could would haste dispatch, she'd come again with greedy ear and devour up my discourse, which I, observing, took once a pliant hour and found good means to draw from her a prayer of earnest heart"

No comments:

Post a Comment