Search This Blog

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Othello Act 3 Scene 4 Casting Call!!!!!

Calling all actors! I am Michelle Vollmuller. I am casting for the Shakesperian play: Othello, The Moor of Venice.
Roles Needing to be Cast:
Emilia-
"Come on, come on. You are pictures out of doors,
Bells in your parlors, wildcats in your kitchens,
Saints in your injuries, devils being offended,
Players in your huswifery, and huswives in your beds" (Othello 2.1 111-114).
"I am glad I have found this napkin.
This was her first remembrance of the /moor.
My wayward husband hath a hundred times
Wooed me to steal it, but she so loves the token -
For he conjured her she should ever keep it -
That she reserves it evermore about her
To kiss and talk to. I'll have the work ta'en out,
And give't Iago. What he will do with it
Heaven knows, not I;
I nothing but to please his fantasy" (Othello 3.3 306-315).
I think that Isabella Fogliazza should play Emilia. Emilia will do anything to please her husband. She has a desperate look to her eyes. Isabella looks like the picture of what I believe Emilia would look like.

3 comments:

  1. The quotes chosen for the character of Emilia were interesting and did describe her personality somewhat. These quotes though could be shortened a bit to better show how she expresses herself. Besides that, the actor you chose to impersonate Emilia looks best fit for a “desperate” aura.

    -Ross S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the actress you picked looks like she could be desperate and would do anything for Iago. However, I think another side to Emilia is that she is unsuspecting and doesn't know the trouble that Iago is making for Desdemona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both have made very good points. Thank you for the feedback :)

    ReplyDelete