Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Othello Act 1 Scene 2

Othello is talking to Iago about why Iago wasn't promoted. Iago is trying to boast/impress/make himself seem better than the other man. Iago sees torches coming and tells Othello that he needs to hide. Othello says no. It turns out to be one of Othello's officers. The officer tells Othello that he needs to come with him because he has been summoned by the Duke. They see more torches. This time it turns out to be Brabantio and Roderigo. Brabantio has Othello arrested, but the officer says that Brabantio can't do that. Brabantio explains the situation and takes Othello away.

I thought this was intriguing. I also thought that this would be somewhat of how the book/play ends. Apparently, I was wrong. So now, I will have to read the whole book/play to find out how it ends. I will just have to figure out a new guess for how the book/play ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment