Search This Blog

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Othello Act 3 Scene 4 Casting Call!!!!

Calling all actors! I am Michelle Vollmuller. I am casting for the Shakesperian play: Othello, The Moor of Venice.
Roles Needing to be Cast:
Othello -
"Now, by heaven,
My blood begins my safer guides to rule,
And passion, having my best judgement collied,
Essays to lead the way. Zounds, if I stir,
Or do but lift this arm, the best of you
Shall sink in my rebuke" (Othello 2.3 198-203).
"Most potent, grave, and reverend signors,
My very noble and approved good masters:
That I have ta'en away this old man's daughter,
It is most true; true, I have married her.
The very head and front of my offending
Hath this extent, no more. Rude am I in my speech,
And little blessed with the soft phrase of peace;
For since these arms of mine had seven years' pith,
Till now some nine moons wasted, they have used
Their dearest action in the tented field;
And little of this great world can I speak
More than pertains to feats of broils and battle,
And therefore little shall I grace my cause
In speaking for myself" (Othello 1.3 78-91).
I think that Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje should play Othello. To me, he looks like an Othello. The actor knows Italian, as well as English. He looks like a warrior and a man who has worked hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment