Search This Blog

Monday, February 6, 2012

Post #1 (February 6, 2012)

1. Which of the three books did you enjoy the most and why (again, be sure that you use enough details to demonstrate that you read the entire book)?
 
I enjoyed both Their Eyes were Watching God and 1984 the most. 1984 had a lot of twists and turns. It was also a challenge to read because it was almost like a puzzle to my mind. Especially when the guy that helps him out turns out to be a secret agent! It was a great book! Their Eyes were Watching God was very deep. I liked how she overcame so much throughout the book. For example the hurricane.
 
2. Which of the three books did you enjoy least and why?
 
I enjoyed the Stranger the least. I really did not understand the book. It felt almost too straight forward and it was hard to get into the book. I also found it very hard to analyze because it was so straight forward. I felt that it had no substance. It was dry.
 
3. If you were to write an essay on the third novel (the book not addressed in the previous two questions) what element or elements would you focus on in that essay and why do think they are important?
 
Since I wrote about all three books, I will pick 1984. I would focus on his need for independence and his free thought. I think these are important because it shows his personality and how just by being himself, he goes against society. Unlike most people, he is okay with the fact that his personality goes against society, nay, he loves it. However, he knows he must at least pretend to conform. It is very much an interpretation of how many people feel in society. They feel like they cannot express themselves because it goes against what society thinks is "cool" or "hip" or "in".

No comments:

Post a Comment