Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Piano Lesson Act 2 Scene 4

I thought that is was interesting that Winning Boy sees Sutter's ghost as well. To me, that proves that he is not here for Boy Willie like Berniece thinks Sutter is. I also think that it is strange that we hear Sutter's ghost, and then Lymon and Boy Willie cannot move the piano. Was Sutter's ghost sitting on it? Was Sutter's ghost what was holding it down? I also find it intriguing that Boy Willie is obsessed with taking the piano, selling it, and getting Sutter's land. That seems to be the only thing on his mind. I wonder if he will ever succeed in moving the piano.

1 comment:

  1. I hope things are going well for you. We miss you in class. You need to develop your first three journals for the play and bit more and comment on other blogs to get your full points.

    ReplyDelete