Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Act 2 Scene 1

11/22/10        The Piano Lesson

When Sutter's ghost was first mentioned at the beginning of the book, I thought that it was going to be a one time appearance. I found it very interesting that the author has the ghost appear multiple times. It makes Sutter's ghost a true character, rather than just a one time character. I found that it gave the book an extra layer of intrigue and mystery, because no one knows EXACTLY why Sutter's ghost keeps appearing. We could say it is for Boy Willie. We could say it is for the piano. Why does he keep appearing? What is he there for? I guess I will have to keep reading...

2 comments:

  1. i felt the same way about the ghost thing! i didn't really realize the importance of the piano with all the talk of ghosts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the first time I heard them talk about the ghost, I thought it would just be some unimportant thing that just happened... I didn't think that the ghosts would come up again and keep getting talked about.

    ReplyDelete